People are listening to podcasts in their cars, while they walk, as they commute to work, and everywhere else where it’s inconvenient to read or watch a video.
By providing content in an audible format, business owners are able to open up their businesses to a wider audience of people who prefer to listen to their content while they are on-the-go.
Helping your clients build their business is an important part of your VA business. By offering Podcasting services, you can help them out immensely.
So what exactly is a Podcast?
A podcast is basically a type of internet radio show. Like a radio show, podcasters broadcast on a regular schedule, but unlike radio, podcast episodes can be made available to listeners for download anytime. Similar to TIVO or DVR, podcasting is an on-demand medium where listeners can choose what they want to listen to when they want to listen to it.
Podcasts can offer news, advice, interviews, step-by-step instructions, entertainment, and other content. Typically podcasts are offered free and are used by business owners to build their community and get noticed. Here are just a few more reasons why podcasts can benefit their business:
- Drive traffic to their website from the podcast
- Give exclusive offers to their podcast community to get leads
- Get their community involved
- Share their expertise to get leads and more clients
A lot has to happen behind the scenes in order to run a successful podcast. Here is a list of services you could be offering to help your clients with their podcast:
- Help them brainstorm podcast topics related to their audience
- Create a podcasting schedule
- Schedule interview guests and prepare questions
- Edit the podcast using software like Audacity or GarageBand
- Post podcast episodes online on your clients website or on hosting sites like Libsyn.com or Blubrry.com
- Post the podcast in podcast directories such as iTunes or Stitcher
- Assist with marketing their podcast through podcast directories, social media and their blog
- Optimize the podcast to ensure they have great titles, descriptions and meta data that will come up in search results
- Get sponsors for the podcast to monetize it
- & more…
To get further training on offering this service and many other Virtual Assistant services in your business, be sure to check out the Star VA Membership Community.