As you get started in your Virtual Assistant business one of the first things you should focus on is deciding what type of people you want to work with. Usually this comes after you have taken a good inventory of your skills and preferences so you have a pretty solid idea of what services you will be offering.
Defining your ideal client in your Virtual Assistant business can help you in several different ways:
- You will know who you are speaking to on your website. This can really help as you write your content.
- You will know where to market your services (after researching where your ideal clients hangout).
- You will know which social media channels and groups to join to make contacts.
To help you define your ideal client, here are some questions to ask yourself. You really want to get as specific as possible during this exercise.
- Who is looking for my skillset or services?
- Who do I like/want to work with? For example, more creative vs analytical?
- What type of business do they run?
- Do they have children?
- How much money do they make?
- What are their values?
- What are their hobbies?
- What is their educational level?
- How old are they?
- What music or books do they like?
- Where do they live?
Knowing who you want to work with in your Virtual Assistant business can really clear up the muddy waters for you as you begin to market your services.
Here is an example of an ideal client: Woman around 45 years old, has children and a husband, runs her business with integrity, helps others with her products/services, has a fun personality, has a business coach, has a spiritual side, likes to travel, and likes to read personal growth/business books. See….very specific! 🙂
If you have other tricks to help define your ideal client, please share with us in the comments!